Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

Posted Nov 05, 2015 02:50 PM
    A new configuration guide covering Unified Wireless (HP's UWW) with ClearPass has been published. The guide covers three use cases:
    • 802.1X
    • MAC Authentication
    • Guest Captive Portal
    The guide is available on the support site.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

Posted Nov 18, 2015 02:27 PM

Hello guys,

Can someone confirm that a command is missing on the "Guest Access with MAC Caching" part in the "Configure WLAN ESS" commands. On my tests in the customer site we could not get an IP address until we added the command "mac-authentication guest-vlan 50". Without this command, after the ClearPass sends the reject for the MAC auth, the user does not get an IP address.

I am not familiar with HP UWW but it's not clear to me that the proposed configuration on this document allows the user to connect to VLAN 50 in case of mac auth failure (before the user authenticates to the guest portal).

Thank you,

Leonardo Mezzanotti

• 3.  RE: ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

Posted Nov 23, 2015 01:42 PM

Adding to my last comment above, we could take out "mac-authentication guest-vlan 50" command by configuring ClearPass to allow any MAC to authenticate. What is correct approach of this Tech Note? In both cases ("mac-authentication guest-vlan 50" or ClearPass allowing any MAC) the Tech Note needs corrections.

Thank you

• 4.  RE: ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:42 AM

I cant download the document, when I press the link it takes me to the support page home.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

• 6.  RE: ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:04 AM

Thanx

• 7.  RE: ClearPass and HP UWW [dot1x / MAC Auth / Guest Captive Portal]

Posted Feb 13, 2019 02:05 PM

I am attemting to set up a POC with Clear Pass (6.7.8.109113) and the HPE UWW Controller. Although this docment is helpful, all of the default Enforcement Profiles have changed in the current version of Clear Pass firmware (see page 45 of the document). Is there any way to get the definitions of the Enforcement Profiles so that I can re-create them?