Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass and MPSK

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Nov 30, 2018 05:40 AM

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can explain how the proposed MPSK feature work in AOS 8.4.0 would work in conjunction with ClearPass , if any documentation is available that would be handy. I know this unreleased code but it would potentially be useful for me I solving a particular customer challenge.

TIA

• 2.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2018 10:06 AM
    Neither are released code so there is no documentation and can’t be discussed here.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Nov 30, 2018 10:12 AM

Thanks Tim. Understood! I have reached out to our channel SE

• 4.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Jan 11, 2019 04:50 PM

How about now :)

I'm guessing MPSK doesn't have much to do with ClearPass, but I'd like to understand also if there is any interaction. We are still using PSK a lot for production, it's a trade off in security vs simplicity/less things to break. MPSK might be a good compromise?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:17 PM

While the controller side is available, MPSK is not yet officially released. MPSK will only be supported with ClearPass and will be available in an upcoming release. It will become the recommended deployment model for headless/IoT devices.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:24 PM
    It looks like all it needs is that particular VSA sent back in the response. So does it need to ClearPass or it could be any radius server ?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:25 PM
    MPSK will only supported with ClearPass.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:25 PM

Ahh I see. So is every authentication handled by ClearPass then, nothing locally on the controller like traditional PSK? And does the client need to support it (WPA3?), or does the client see just a normal WPA2 PSK?

• 9.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:27 PM
    mPSK has got nothing to with WPA3 it will continue to use WPA2

• 10.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:27 PM
    It’s standard WPA2-PSK and will work with any existing client. The PSK in the SSID profile on the controller is not used.

• 11.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Mar 11, 2019 07:16 PM

You can get some good hints about MPSK capabilities by reading the 8.4 documentation which is needed to support this, and is already released:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_84_WebHelp/content/instant_ug/wlan_ssid_conf/configuringsecuritysettings.htm

• 12.  RE: ClearPass and MPSK

Posted Mar 24, 2019 06:11 PM

6.8 is now available