Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass cannot join domain: NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass cannot join domain: NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE

Posted May 30, 2017 12:23 AM

Hi, i have an existing customer with 5 clearpass servers (1 publisher - 4 subscribers). all fully configured and running well.

they bought another box for another site. i have an error when trying to netjoin this clearpass box.

the domain controller, username, etc should be correct, the other boxes uses same parameters. IPs also fine, nslookup was succesful from the clearpass box.

i found this error and wondering what the error is.

Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain
    '***.CORP' over rpc: NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE

NOTE: i renamed customer domain with ****

suspecting there might be ports being blocked. i have read this article https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Ports-needed-by-CPPM-if-a-firewall-is-within-wired/ta-p/179060

but not sure which ones are needed when the join domain process.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass cannot join domain: NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2017 06:57 AM

Hi,

CPPM to Active Directory
    The following is the list of services and their ports used for Active Directory communication:

UDP Port 88 for Kerberos authentication
    UDP and TCP Port 135 for domain controllers-to-domain controller and client to domain controller operations.
    TCP Port 139 and UDP 138 for File Replication Service between domain controllers. (Probably not necessary for CPPM)
    UDP Port 389 for LDAP to handle normal queries from client computers to the domain controllers.
    TCP and UDP Port 445 for File Replication Service (Probably not necessary for CPPM)
    TCP and UDP Port 464 for Kerberos Password Change
    TCP Port 3268 and 3269 for Global Catalog from client to domain controller.
    TCP and UDP Port 53 for DNS from client to domain controller and domain controller to domain controller.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: ClearPass cannot join domain: NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE

Posted May 31, 2017 06:04 AM

it works after enabling port 445.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass cannot join domain: NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2017 06:09 AM

Ricky,

Good to hear, finally it worked!

Regards,

Pavan