Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

This thread has been viewed 59 times
  • 1.  ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Feb 25, 2019 12:25 PM

Hello,

We have deployed a wireless infrastructure (IAPs + ClearPass appliance) including a Guest portal but we have an issue with it. When a guest connects to the wifi, he is correctly redirected to the sign-In page. But once the user has completed the self-registration form and that the sponsor has approved, the user should be able to confirm and browse the internet. However, in our case when the user clicks on the Login button, he is redirected to the admin page of the ClearPass (/tips/welcome.action).

Capture of the problem

You can see below a capture of the login sequence:

img1.png

we can see a redirection to /tips/welcome.action

img2.png

Does anyone have ever met this issue?

Could you please help on this point.
    Thanks all in advance.

Regards,

Yann

• 2.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Feb 25, 2019 01:22 PM
    What is the post-auth user-role ?
    Are you returning the role from ClearPass or it is assigned by the IAP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Mar 22, 2019 11:25 AM

@Victor

Hi

The post auth user-role is Guest. We can see it from the clearpass guest GUI (Guest > account management).
    The role is assigned by the clearpass.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2019 05:21 AM

Could it be that you put the captive-portal certificate on the ClearPass instead of on the Instant AP? From the trace it looks like the captive-portal request ends up on the ClearPass rather than on the Instant AP.

For this setup, you will need a certificate on both the IAP and on the ClearPass. In most cases, you need to have a different certificate, or if you want to have the same certificate you will need a wildcard or a multi-SAN certificate where the first/primary SAN is what the Instant AP will need.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Feb 28, 2019 12:19 PM

Hello,

The certificate is put on the IAP and on the ClearPass. It's a wildcard certificate.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 03:35 PM

In the guest page config on Clearpass do you have the login url set to captiveportal-login.<domain> ?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 08:05 AM

And can you check if that name matches on the Instant CLI the output of the command: show captive-portal-domains ?

The name shown there under Internal Captive Portal domain is the name that is intercepted during the captive portal stage by the Instant AP. Please also double-check that the wildcard is uploaded to the IAP as 'Captive portal server' certificate.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Mar 11, 2019 11:57 AM

Hi,

I've a difference when I execute the CLI command.

"Internal Captive Portal Domain:
    captiveportal-login.<domain>

External Captive Portal Domains:
    captive-portal.<domain>
    localhost"

In Aruba Central, CCPM is configured like a external Captive Portal.

When I configure like internal captive portal, it's not possible to choose CCPM as a server.

• 9.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Mar 22, 2019 11:40 AM

@herman

After reading again the post, I need to precise some points
    - What do you mean by internal captive portal ?
    At this time IAP warm is configured with external captive portal mode which is a clearpass server.

- If I upload the same wildcard on both clearpass server and IAP controller, is it supposed to work?

Thanks in advance

• 10.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 06:55 AM

For Instant AP, you can configure the captive portal to run in the AP itself, which is not very configurable but works. Or you can configure an external portal. Sometimes it helps to first configure the captive portal as internal, then test if that works so you know that authentication and certificates on the IAP are working fine and you can isolate the troubleshooting.

Yes, you can use the same wildcard on your AP and on ClearPass, as long as you don't give ClearPass the same name as the IAP will take (captiveportal-login.<your wildcard domain>). If you connect to your ClearPass as guest.<yourdomain> or something like that different from captiveportal-login, you should be fine.

• 11.  RE: ClearPass captive portal – Post-login redirection issue

Posted Mar 11, 2019 11:36 AM

Hi,

In the guest page config on Clearpass the login url set to: captive-portal.<domain> The CCPM's name is captive-portal. When I choose the SSID of captive portal and I put my credentials. I'm redirected to captive-portal.<domain>/tips/welcome.action while I configured a redirect to the company's website "welcome.<domain>"