Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass cluster backup and restore

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  ClearPass cluster backup and restore

Posted Nov 29, 2016 06:43 AM

Dear Airheads experts,

I would like to ask you about ClearPass backup and restore process in an cluster environment. I read the user-, deployment- and cluster tech note guide but none of them were useful about in this topic.

So I can make scheduled backup from all of the cluster members but I don't know which is the right way if I would like to revert the configuration to an old one. If I tried to restore the configuration on the publisher node I get the following warning.

cppm-restore.PNG

Is it good if I restore only the publisher node? or should I check the "Restore cluster server/node entries from backup" option?

So I would like to know which is the right way to restore the configuration in a cluster?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Br.,

Zs

• 2.  RE: ClearPass cluster backup and restore

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 09:54 AM

Just a question. Are you trying to do a restore into an existing production environment or a new environment? Restore shouldn't be used for basic config rollback.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass cluster backup and restore

Posted Dec 04, 2016 03:41 AM

Hi Tim,

This will be production soon, and we need to do some disaster revovery test before we go production. So I need to know what are the possibilites if we need to rollback the configuration, or we need to rebuild the publisher node or the whole system.

I do some test with standalone ClearPass and the restore is working well. But in a cluster environment there are a warning description before I start the restore process and it said this cluster node will be standalone.

So could you help me which is the right way if we would like to rollback, or rebuild a publiser node or the whole system?

Br.,

Zs

• 4.  RE: ClearPass cluster backup and restore

Posted Dec 05, 2016 07:33 AM

Hi Tim,

So do you have any guide, or recommendation about this topic?

Thank you!

Zs

• 5.  RE: ClearPass cluster backup and restore

Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:09 AM

Also looking for any TechNotes on DR Planning for ClearPass. Something that would cover restore scenarios in the event of lost Publisher/Subscriber/Configuration...

thanks in advance!

• 6.  RE: ClearPass cluster backup and restore

Posted Apr 25, 2022 10:52 AM

Thanks for the advice. Allow me to tell my case during this one week of new deployment.

Due to some policy evaluation error, i was thinking to avoid another occurrence, i need to backup the entire server so that i can easily restore if the error happens again. It indeed occurred 3 times last week.

So my question to you, how do we do the basic config backup like what you said ?

cppm version: 6.9.9 fips enabled

TAC case opened: 

------------------------------
    BERNHARD HUSTOMO
    ------------------------------