Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass to send access challenge for token

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass to send access challenge for token

Posted Sep 06, 2014 03:58 AM

this question is about ClearPass as radius server for user authentication on a device, not so much for wireless based on EAP.

some products (i.e. juniper / fortigate) can show a seconday login field (for token or secondary password) once the radius server returns a access challenge instead of a access reject / accept. can the ClearPass be configured to do this? if so, how / where?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass to send access challenge for token

Posted Apr 27, 2018 04:50 AM

I was told this can be used to gather some extra intel from the access switch reagring the authenticating user too. Am I wrong? It looks like we would have to look somewhere else for a radius capable of this though.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass to send access challenge for token

Posted Apr 28, 2018 06:46 AM

never heard it happen automatically. but if you mean the user to provide extra info themselves, yes that is the idea.

yeah, question is like 4 years old now, didn't see anything similar pop up but perhaps missed it.

if people need it be sure to contact your local HPE Aruba sales and let them know.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass to send access challenge for token

Posted May 03, 2018 02:01 AM

Asked my local sales engineer and pointed out to this thread. Hope he can clarify because lately two-factor authentication is becoming prevalent and often the requested factors are not user owned or user known, but something network known or configured. Sound messy but cant detail further because of an NDA.