Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

Posted Feb 25, 2015 10:41 AM

So one of my android devices has this problem that I think was caused when I failed to correctly provision it first time round.

Each time I try to provision it it goes to the app and toggles wifi - but wifi will not reconnect because the connection does not seem to have an certificate associated with it.

The funny thing is when I go through the provisioning it does not seem to download a credential (perhaps it already has an old one?). 

So I am trying to delete averything ... I have cleared the credentials in the Android settings, cleared the app data (indeed reinstalled as well). So is there anything else I should do to force it to do a clean fresh provisioning?

Any suggestions?

Adrian

• 2.  RE: Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2015 10:43 AM
    If you look in Onboard, is there a certificate for the device?

• 3.  RE: Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

Posted Feb 25, 2015 11:58 AM

I am an end-user! Is onboard the central server?

• 4.  RE: Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2015 12:17 PM

Yes. You should contact your IT department.

• 5.  RE: Clearing existing profile from Android Quick Connect App

Posted Mar 02, 2018 09:24 AM

We experienced a similar issue with regards the provisioning sequence and the Android client not connecting to WiFi.

In our case, it was down to the SSID of the wireless network.

If your settings state that provisioning is over WiFi only, then your client has to be able to connect to a wireless network with the SSID as defined in the 'Clear Pass Onboard -> Configuration -> Network settings -> Wireless Network Settings' area. If the client cannot connect to an SSID of the same name, then the onboarding process appears to fail.

However, we did find that the provisioning was successful and we could proceed with Aruba VIA VPN client install and config.

Hope this helps.