Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.8 Eval License has no Access Licenses

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.8 Eval License has no Access Licenses

Posted Apr 08, 2019 09:53 AM
      |   view attached

Hello everyone.

I'm new to CPPM, so I've deployed a VM to study on myself.

The actual version of Clearpass is the 6.8, so I used that version for my deployment and License Request.

I've already installed and activated my license that I could get on the MyNetworking Portal, but in this license shows 0 Access Licenses, that's normal? I need to request those Access Licenses somewhere else?

Thanks for your time.

Print Attached

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.8 Eval License has no Access Licenses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 04:52 AM

You will need to request Access (and OnBoard/OnGuard) licenses as well for eval. I just checked in MNP and could not see the option to generate ClearPass evaluation licenses anymore.

Do you have access to the new Aruba Support Portal (ASP)? There you should be able to generate those eval licenses, for access as well. If you get stuck, please check with your Aruba partner/distributor/SE to assist you.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.8 Eval License has no Access Licenses

Posted Apr 09, 2019 09:57 AM

Hi,

I connected on HPE networking portal and I request an Aruba ClearPass NL 90 Day Eval, I got it but when I put activation key on CPPM I had following message: "You have entered an invalid license key". I installed ClearPass 6.8.0.109592 and I select as option 1) CP-SW-EVAL

I missed or wrong something?

Thanks for help me

Best Regards

Beppe

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.8 Eval License has no Access Licenses

Posted Aug 21, 2019 03:05 AM
    Had exactly the same problem yesterday. Have all the correct licenses but the license fails to activate. I don't have internet connectivity to my virtual machine though so might try using NAT or passthrough and see what happens.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.8 Eval License has no Access Licenses

Posted Oct 06, 2019 11:14 PM
      |   view attached

If you have a customer with the same problem, please refer to it.

Before activating the "Access" License, you need to activate the "Entry" License.

If enabled in this order, the CPPM display changes to "Entry-> Access".

1. "Entry" License Activate

2. "Access Upgrade" License Activate