Security

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass 802.1x template unknown_CA

Public CAs will only issue certificates to real domain names that you have
proved that you own.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Bruno,

Did you take a read of my CPPM PKI TechNote, a lot of the Q you have are covered in here + a lot more..!!

CPPM - Certificates 101 Technote V1.2.pdf

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Regular Contributor II

Hi team,

I have the Certificate files ( *crt). I need to import them to ClearPass but i did not see any private key file.

How can import this ?

Regards

Guru Elite

If you did a Cert Request on Clearpass, you would have already downloaded the private key file as part of that...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

Please take a look at the Certificate Technote that Danny wrote and mentioned here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=19184

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Regular Contributor II

Hi

First let me address to you guys and thank you for or support in this matter. I am not familiarized with certificates and know I have more knowledge on that..

Certificate finally OK , tested with local user on the machine and with local SQL DB authentication

But when I try to connect to 802.1x Wlan , with AD user logged in, client is using AD credential to try to connect.. Normal behaviour for me..

In a AD computer logged in with ad user is it possible to login to WLAN using local user created in clearpass?

I know that in a near future we are going to connect against AD repository..

Regards

Guru Elite

You would need to uncheck "Use Windows credentials" in the Protected EAP settings on the client.

Sent from Nine

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Regular Contributor II

Ok.

So if we have 50 users we need to change that on client ( one time only correct)?

Or do the login with AD source.

Thanks

Guru Elite

It's a client setting. You could also change it via group policy.

Sent from Nine

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Sir,

Just a question, what is the use of Root CA created on the OnBoard if will purchase publicly signed Radius and Web Certificate for BYOD Onboard single SSID.

Sorry, I am new on ClearPass. Thank you in advance.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: