Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Posted Jun 14, 2018 10:22 PM

Clearpass 6.7.0 / AOS 8.3.0

I believe I have AOS / Airgroup setup correctly:

Configured under managed node (contains two clustered controllers)

Distributed mode, RFC 3576 / AAA servers pointing to CPPM. Default-allowall service. Forced Registration is enabled.
    I see the CPPM entries and appropriate servers and users in the various Airgroup diag commands. 

CPPM: I enabled Airgroup service, I see successful requests coming across. I added the particular device to test with (as admin). I shared it with a user that is not logged on anywhere on the network. 

1. I logged into the network as a different .1X user. I can still see every mDNS device. (even when force registration is on) including the one that I registered.

2. Logging into the .1X network with the user I shared the device, I can see every device.

It was my understanding that if I enable "AirGroup server enforce registration", then no devices should be visible to anyone.. It's like the controllers are 'viewing' the requests, but are not enforcing anything.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:43 PM
    You should consider upgrading to 6.7.4 , allow all services doesn’t mean you are allowing all the services ..it means that it will advertise services you didn’t configured

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Posted Jun 15, 2018 12:07 AM
    I have 6.7.4 downloaded. I just haven't installed it.

To your point though, if I only have allowAll service enabled then I definitely shouldn't be able to see other devices such as chromecast, correct?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 09:09 PM

AirGroup in centralized mode is currently broken in 8.3.0.0

• 5.  RE: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:52 PM
    Is distributed ok then? That's what I'm using.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Posted Jul 27, 2018 09:49 PM

@zemerick1 wrote:
    Is distributed ok then? That's what I'm using.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

Curious how your envirionment is doing now. We're beginning our migration to ArubaOS 8.3.0.1 - but then discovered issues with "Centralized AirGroup". We switched to "Distrubuted Mode" and enabled "Airgroup Domains" - unfortuntately as I feared - if an AirGroup Server is on another controller - and a client is on a separate active controller - discovery is not working. Have a TAC case opened currently. Interestingly, when I switched back to "Centralized" just for the heck of it - it's working as desired. But wondering if it was a "fluke" - so now we're debating between 8.3.0.1 or going to 8.2.1.1 at the moment.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass / Airgroup Issues

Posted May 21, 2019 10:57 AM

Glad I found your post... Airprint with Airgroup was working fine for us for ages... 6.xxxx something finally bit the bullet and went to 8.3.0.6 a few months ago, and didn't seem to have any issues... we're a small school, and only have 1 admin who ever uses Airprint, and not that often...  a few weeks ago he complained that his printer wasn't showing up on his ipad... rebooted printer. resolved issue. he printed 2 documents and it disappeared... repeat repeat repeat.... been banging my head against the wall for a while now... thought it was the printer (also relatively new). finally found your post, disabled airgroup for bonjour... printers back online... not optimal, but it works....

any indication that there's a fix in the works, so we can turn Airgroup back on and keep the kids from broadcasting to our appleTV's???

Thanks