Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Airgroup with wired Apple TV's

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Airgroup with wired Apple TV's

Posted Nov 01, 2017 01:25 PM

Not sure if this is possible, but if I enable aigroup in the controller to see the wired apple TV devices, can I register them in Clearpass so I can enable role based access to certain devices?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Airgroup with wired Apple TV's
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2017 02:03 PM

Yes you can.

You would have to turn CPPM enforcement on and the appletvs would have to share a wired VLAN with the controller.

The controller should collect the airgroup mac addresses of the devices on wired network and it should up in "show airgroup servers".  CPPM would be able to enforce whether or not specific users can see those advertised devices.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Airgroup with wired Apple TV's

Posted Nov 06, 2019 08:57 AM

If the AppleTVs were wireless in my scenario I could configure it so only wireless clients and AppleTVs on the same AP are visible. 

How can I deploy the same design but with the AppleTV wired in the room?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Airgroup with wired Apple TV's

Posted Sep 01, 2020 12:11 PM

Hey Colin, does this apply in AOS v8 if there is an AP in the same vlan/subnet as the wired mDNS device and "AP multicast aggregation" is enabled in the AP system profile?  I have tested this and the wired mDNS devices are showing up in the controller just curious if CPPM can control access to said wired devices?

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Airgroup with wired Apple TV's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2020 12:19 PM

msales,

This thread is almost a year ago.  Please state your question.