Security

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Authentication TimeOut

There are a number of reasons for EAP timeouts.  Do you have any more information like what devices are involved and what the error messages are?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

I am currently having this issue with Mobile devices like iPhones or Android.  Users will stay on wireless for a while then can't get on the internert.  I look at Clearpass and see timeout.  How they are fixing it is shutting off wireless on their phones and turning back on.  

Guru Elite

Authentication method?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

802.1x

Guru Elite

EAP method? EAP server certificate details?

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Eap-Peap

with a Radius Server Certificate from our local Cert Server

Guru Elite

Have the client’s supplicants been properly configured to trust the EAP server certificate?

Occasional Contributor I

I can speak on the iphones since I am on one.  When I connect to the Wireless first time I am asked to trust the Cert which I select Trust.  Is that what you are talking about?

Guru Elite

That’s not really properly configured, but yes, it should work. Do you have the same EAP server certificate on all nodes in the cluster?

Occasional Contributor I

Yes we do.  I am sure there are other ways of pushing the cert out to phones but sadly that is the way we do it.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: