Security

Occasional Contributor I

Clearpass CoA and Accounting issue

Hi Guys,

I'm hitting a CoA issue, i realize im unable to do a [Aruba Terminate Session]

So, i've check my AAA profile on my controller for RFC 3576 and checked the key both on my controller and CPPM, both are correct and same.

I've tested on an IAP with same service policy and the disconnect works.

In Access tracker , i notice the offline status although my user is connected and realise the Accounting tab is missing. In Live Monitoring>Accounting, there is no accounting logs from my controller. IAP accounting logs is shown.

I've check the accounting ports are both 1813, and since i have the IAP working in the same segment, means the accounting port is not blocked

I've also check "Log acounting interim-update packets" is TRUE and RADIUS Interim Accounting on my AAA profile on the controller is checked.

I've attached a pcap.

Appreciate if anyone could point out what else i should check to solve this problem. Thank you.

MVP Guru

Re: Clearpass CoA and Accounting issue

Enable "RADIUS Interim Accounting" on the AAA profile and also on the CPPM Server under Server Configuration/Service Parameters page (set to TRUE). These settings will allow you track things like bandwidth usage for guests, etc.

Enable Radius CoA option under Configuration> network>devices/Enable Radius C0A

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Both of the items you mentioned has been enabled as mentioned in my post.

Guru Elite

Do you have Insight enabled in your cluster?

Also, a Terminate Session profile is a Disconnect Message which is not a CoA.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Yeah, insight is turned on. See the screenshot

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: