Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass - Discovered Devices to Network Devices

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass - Discovered Devices to Network Devices

Posted Jul 17, 2018 10:15 AM

I would like to make all of my network switches, network devices in Clearpass.

Is there a way to make a discovered device a network device or will I need to manually add them?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass - Discovered Devices to Network Devices

Posted Jul 17, 2018 10:42 AM

With discoverd device you mean endpoint?

What you can do is export 1 device (not endpoint), add every switch in the xml, and re-import the complete xml with all switches.

Other option is to add a device with a subnet, this way you have 1 entry for a complete /24 management subnet, you must use the same radius/tacacs keys, and you cannot filter on source device or specific attributes for a device (only nas-ip).

• 3.  RE: Clearpass - Discovered Devices to Network Devices

Posted Jul 17, 2018 11:43 AM

At one point I ran the Network Scan, under Profile and Network Scan.

It discovered most of my switches and they are now listed under Discovered Devices, under the Profile and Network Scan.

I thought about doing an export/import from the Network/Devices page, but I have yet to find a decent XML editor that will work. I could do it manually using Notepad, but that's a pain.