Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Extension installation issues

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Extension installation issues

Posted Nov 25, 2018 11:09 AM

I've hit a brick wall with a clearpass installation i am working on. I'm attempting to install an extension from the store and i keep receiving the error "Error creating extension instance: store lookup failed"

The funny thing is im able to see what stores are available, so i tried a few different stores and get the same issue. Ive confirmed no proxy is blocking access etc.

has anyone else run into this before? i had a good search through the airheads forum and couldnt find anything relevant

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Extension installation issues

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 25, 2018 01:39 PM

What firmware version do you use? I dont have a lot experience with extententions but in my 6.7.7 deployment i can successfull download the extension.

Also read the release note there is some known issue arround.

"Customers whose networks include addresses in the 172.17.0.0/16 network are advised to either disable the ClearPass Extension service or to contact TAC for assistance in re-allocating the Extensions to use a different network address space. For more information, see #34161."

Another thing thats up my mind but not sure if its relevant to extensions, did you activate de clearpass licenses and add a hpe passport account for download subciption in the CPPM?

Hope this helps you!

Marcel

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Extension installation issues

Posted Jan 06, 2019 09:04 AM
    Hi Marcel, Thank you for the post. I am looking into the same issue, although i am running CPPM 6.7.8.109113 I am trying to find the installed extension for "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" I am getting an error of: "Internal Server Error (500)" and it is not finding the extension, would you know of any other article i can research? Appreciated Gino

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Extension installation issues

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 06, 2019 01:22 PM

Hi Gino,

I use CP 6.7.7 and install the named extension without any problems.

Something thats up to my mind:

• Check the eventviewer for logging
    • Can you download normal updates (is your subsciption and firewall settings ok?)
    • 500 is un internal server error, try remove browser cache or try another browser?

1.JPG3.JPG

Did you already find this document? ClearPass_Integration-Guide_Symantec-Endpoint-Protection-Manager_v2018-01, link.