Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Fingerprinting - custom categories, and rules?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Fingerprinting - custom categories, and rules?

Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:29 AM

Wondered if its possible to define your own custom values to assign to fingerprint rules?  The predefinied list doesnt really identify alot of our devices, which I understand is probably impossible, but surely this should then allow for admins to define their own device categories?

Im also finding that a rule I have created isnt being applied to new devices, but I cant see where the rule I created is to manage it or check it?  Is this just created and applied at the time you do it, and then doesnt apply to any future devices?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Fingerprinting - custom categories, and rules?

Posted Mar 08, 2017 02:03 PM
    After creating the rule you don't see devices with the same OUI getting the new fingerprint?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Fingerprinting - custom categories, and rules?

Posted Mar 08, 2017 02:14 PM

No, I cant even see the rule... should I be able to view/edit/manage the created rule?  I also dindt retrospectively apply to devices I wanted to fingerprint, I had to select all, and manually fingerprint them. 

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Fingerprinting - custom categories, and rules?

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:26 AM

Just for my own learning did you create your new fingerprint rule under Administration > Dictionaries >>  Fingerprints  ???

And you are saying that after you added it that you can not see it or edit it?