Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Aug 01, 2019 06:00 AM

Hi, 

I followed the following video to configure self registeration page, what happened when I test is that the self registration page loads, registeration suceed , a username and PW is generated, and login also suceed but after login I am redirected back to the self regsitration page endlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXyd_q7T7aE&list=PLsYGHuNuBZcb0xD05v9zdwv7NlUG_8oJS&index=17

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2019 06:34 AM

In redirect URL have you provided same guest self registration URL?

Redirect URLSpecify a redirect URL if you want to redirect the users to another URL.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Aug 02, 2019 09:55 AM

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:26 AM
      |   view attached

Hi guys, it finally worked, 

please see the attached document, in the address field I had configured the IP address of the instant access point.

But when I change it back to securelogin.arubanetworks.com, it worked, and I dont understand why.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Aug 08, 2019 04:51 AM

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Aug 08, 2019 09:00 AM

So no clue why in the address field it should be entered "securelogin.arubanetworks.com"?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2019 11:27 PM

The domain securelogin.arubanetworks.com is used to send the credentials of the user to the IAP. The IAP uses those credentials to authenticate the user and allow network access. 

In ClearPass, you should see an authentication request in the access tracker. 

The Domain name needs to be aligned with the certificate CN of the Captive Portal Certificate on the IAP. 

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Aug 09, 2019 02:46 AM

Hi,

I understand.

But In fact, without "dynamic Address" under "Nas Vendor Settings" I can not see any auth request.

So, what is the difference between: with dynamic address and without ?

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2019 11:30 AM
    from My understanding this is needed as the controller ip of the iap can change depending to which iap you are connected.

• 10.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

Posted Nov 19, 2019 10:14 AM

But how do the ClearPass resolves the domain securelogin.arubanetworks.com to the IP address of the IAP or the controller?

• 11.  RE: Clearpass Guest Access with Aruba IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 12:48 PM

It doesn't. The IAP handles it.

Also, you should never be using the default certificate.