Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

Posted May 04, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi,

I would like to configure the clearpass captive portal on a Aruba 2530 Switch. i found a guide in the "HPE ArubaOS-Switch Management and Configuration Guide for YA/YB.16.03" Page 202 . But i can`t get a serviceconfiguration on clearpass policymanager for this guest service. I need to create a Service under "Clearpass  Policymanager" Services, which pushes the redirect Policy to the Switch, when a gusts connects to a switchport.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2017 11:28 AM
    Your MAC Authentication service should return HPE-User-Role and HPE-Captive-Portal-URL VSAs for unknown users.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

Posted May 04, 2017 11:38 AM

How should the policy look like for unknown users ? i always get a reject for the mac authentication on clearpass.

I`ve attached screenshots of my clearpass configuration

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2017 12:29 PM

You need to use Allow All MAC Auth as your auth method and set your captive portal user-role as the default profile for your enforcement policy.

aos-s_mac-auth_enforcement-policy.png

aos-s_role_splash.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

Posted May 04, 2017 05:23 PM

HI, Thank you for the Update, i`ve got now a working redirect. But my Authentication rule for registered guests doesn`t work. i`ve attached screenshots of my configuration, thanks

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2017 05:33 PM
    Can you elaborate on “doesn’t work’?
    Can you post screenshots of the access tracker request tabs.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

Posted May 04, 2017 06:07 PM

Hi,

the service, i`ve created doesn`t match, after my login with a guestaccount on the portalpage, only the Service "wired mac" matches (i`ve attached a screenshot of my services). the Service "Wired GAST_MAC User Authentication with MAC Caching" should match. But maybe the Service ist not correctly configured..

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2017 08:17 PM

Can you post screenshots of the access tracker request tabs?

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

Posted May 05, 2017 09:17 AM

HI, here`re the screenshots of the accesstracker.

I `ve created a guestvoucher on clearpass guest, and connectet a notebook to the auth ports, get the redirect to the clearpass guestporatal, and insert my guest testaccount. The name of the testguest is "werner@test.de" But i have no service, which matches for webauth. And i have no idea, how does the service for the webout should look like... Thanks

• 10.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2017 09:30 AM

Have you reached out to your Aruba ClearPass partner?

Create a new "Web-based Authentication" service.

Host	CheckType	EQUALS	Authentication
    Connection	Src-IP-Address	EQUALS	127.0.0.1

Use the Guest User Repository as the authentication source.

Use [Guest Roles] for role mapping.

Create an enforcement policy with a rule that uses the CoA Bounce Host port and also create an enforcement profile to update the endpoint attributes.

• 11.  RE: Clearpass Guest Captive Portal service configuration for Aruba 2530 Switch

Posted May 05, 2017 03:39 PM

Hi i haven`t reached out my cleapass partner.

I´ve attached two screenshots of my wireless gustconfiguration with mac caching, so i have to update the attributes of the endpoint, and build a mappingrule for these values?

Thanks