Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

Posted Nov 01, 2017 06:09 AM

Hi,

I have a MacTrac device registration implementation based on the following: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/How-To-Advanced-Device-Registration-in-ClearPass-November-MHC/td-p/217291

One issue I have noticed is that when an end user removes a previously created device from within CPG it does not also remove it from the Endpoints Repository.

Is there any magic you can think of that might work around this?

Cheers

Shaun

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

Posted Nov 01, 2017 06:16 AM

I also see a vice versa,

Whereby a device is MAC Authenticated with User Caching but does not show up within CPG.

Any ideas on how to marry the two together?

Cheers

Shaun

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

Posted Nov 01, 2017 06:34 AM

Hmm.. Can you verify that you are indeed using Guest Device Repository as authentication source? It sounds like you are using Endpoint Repository - which is the more common/default MACAUTH implementation

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 07:37 AM
    That's by design. The endpoint repository is designed to hold information that ClearPass discovered about the device (profile information, etc). There should be no need for it to be removed.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

Posted Nov 01, 2017 07:46 AM

Don't think you read the whole post there Tim. His mac-auth service doesn't take into account the state of the device in the Guest Device Repository. If the device was removed in Guest Device Repository - the mac-auth should fail. To me that looks like it's authenticating based purely on Endpoint database information.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Device Deletion
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 07:49 AM
    Then the service is misconfigured. Be sure that [GDR] is above [ER] in your authentication source list in the service. Also be sure you're using Allow All MAC Auth.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest Device Deletion

Posted Nov 01, 2017 09:06 AM

Yep spot on it was a misconfigured service, I have configured how you described and all is now Ok.

Thanks all

Chhers

Shaun