Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest: Enabling Internet Access through Third-Pary App

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest: Enabling Internet Access through Third-Pary App

Posted Dec 18, 2015 04:37 AM

Hi guys

I have a customer with a request to integrate a guest access in his own (third party) app. The use case is that users can download the app and click a button in the app which enables (bypasses the captive portal) via Clearpass the access to the internet.

What would be the right way to implement that?

Thanks

Laurent

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest: Enabling Internet Access through Third-Pary App
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2015 04:47 AM

You can use the Clearpass API. It's not something that can be taught over the community forum so I would first start by downloading the following doc then work with your ARUBA SE to find a partner that specializes in custom API work. 

I have have had partners that do have scripting knowledge that were able to learn by using the doc but it all comes down to your scripting knowledge level. There is also a API explore tool built into CPPM which you can access on the Clearpass guest administration side. 

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14976