Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

Posted Jul 17, 2013 04:39 PM

When using Clearpass guest to create a new guest account, can anyone advise how it is possible to modify the options available to a receptionist (or any admin user for that matter) for account expiry?

We'd like to prevent a receptionist from being able to issue wireless guest accounts with long expiry dates - whilst still allowing some degree of choice.

The default options for the dropdown field are:

Account will not expire

Now

Tonight

Friday night

1 hour from now

1 day from now

1 week from now

Account expires after..

Account expires at specific time...

Looking at the field "expire_after" or "modify_aexpire_time" fields in the "create_user" form in clearpass Guest's Configuration -> Forms and Views, I can see it this list is generated by the  "NwaGenerateExpireAfterOptions" options generator, but I cannot find how to modify or adjust this.

How would I, for example, limit this choice to:

Tonight

Friday night

1 hour from now

1 day from now

only?

Or even change the options completely to:

4 hours from now

8 hours from now

Tongiht

1 day from now

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2013 05:03 PM

Did you  try page 147 of the document here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10987

It shows you the syntax for your choices...

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2013 05:33 PM

Thank you. That helped. I saw that in the manual but couldn't understand where I could type it. Of course the simple solution was to change the options generator field to "(Use options)", then an input box appears.

Not all the options are in the manual screenshot but by looking at the html souce of a working dropdown list I was able to extract the values I needed.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

Posted Jan 22, 2020 03:17 PM

The document is no longer accessable where is it in the new world of asp

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest - How to restrict the available options for account expiry

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 10:16 AM

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.7/Guest/Default.htm#Configuration/DefaultSettingsForAccountCreation.htm?Highlight=account%20expiry%20

We can  restrict option from two places

Option 1:

Home » Configuration » Guest Manager >> * Expiration Options:
    24 | 1 day 48 | 2 days 72 | 3 days 96 | 4 days 120 | 5 days
    Option 2:

Home » Configuration » Pages » Forms >> Go to Form which you want to edit and click Edit Fields and choose filed (expiry_after)  under this go to option Options Generator and choose (USE OPTION) and provide the list of expiry time options.

Capture.PNG
    Note: Do not edit Base Field, best practice is to create duplicate of existing form and make changes and check the status.