Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:34 AM

I am testing Clearpass guest with MAC caching and self-registration.  I have been using an iPad to test.  I have followed the setup using the Clearpass Workshop Series

The guest mac caching is working now since I added "Allow All MAC Auth" to the authentication method.  Now when I test with my iPad, after the account expires, I cannot re-connect to my guest SSID unless I delete the iPad from the endpoint's database.  Is there a way to delete the endpoint from the database after the account has expired or is there a better way that I am missing?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:39 AM
    In your enforcement policy remove the amount of unique-devices per user allowed

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 09:54 AM

Victor,

Thanks for the quick response.  Do you mean under the "Role"?

Capture.JPG

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 10:07 AM

You can either increase the amount of unique devices allowed per user or remove the rule if you think that enforcement is not needed

2017-10-02 09_05_29-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 12:09 PM

Hmm, I took it out of the role completely and it still won't let my iPad on.  I wouldn't expect it to be an issue with unique device count since I'm using the same device repeatedly, correct?

Capture.JPG

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 12:12 PM
    Are you using different names every time you register?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 01:09 PM
    What do you see in access tracker when your authentication fails ?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest MAC caching - cannot connect again from the same device

Posted Oct 02, 2017 02:20 PM

I think I may have found the issue.  I checked access tracker and the client was getting assigned the [Guest] role instead of getting the default [Deny Access Profile].  I removed the second condition on the Enforcement Profile and that forced the client to get the Deny Access Profile and get now it gets the Captive Portal Page.Capture.JPG