Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

Posted Apr 04, 2014 10:51 AM

Hi Guys.!!

I'm beginning with ClearPass. I'm trying to Integrate Cisco WLC 7.5.102.0 and ClearPass 6.2

I followed "Amigopod Cisco WLC Integration" Guide. The redirection from the WLC to the ClearPass Captive Portal is OK. The user can register, approved by the sponsor. Then it is redirected again to the register page. When the user has valid credentials and he tries to access using the login page directly, and click the Submit button, he's redirected to https://1.1.1.1/login.htm?redirect=redirect and then redeirected again to the Registering page.  In the WLC, we can see the user associated, but not authenticated. 

Let me check with you the process to see if I am correct: The user connect to the SSID, and he's redirected to the register page, let's think he has credentials, so he access to the login page, type his credentials and click on submit. What Clearpass do is to put those credentials into the WLC CP? WLC knows he has to use a RADIUS server, and then try to validate with the Guest  Local DB in the ClearPass.?

I think ClearPass is not passing the authentication credentials or the authentication passing to the WLC.

Thanks for your help.!

Katherine Villalobos.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

Posted Apr 05, 2014 07:42 AM

Hi,

You should see a RADIUS request coming into ClearPass Policy Manager under the Access Tracker. Do you see a request? Is it sending an Accept or Reject? Can you post details from the Access Tracker logs?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

Posted Apr 05, 2014 09:00 PM

Arjan, I'm not seeing any RADIUS request in the Policy Manager.

Could it be a Service configuration error.? I faollowed the steps of the CPM template.

Regards,

Katherine V.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

Posted Apr 06, 2014 02:33 PM

What are you seeing in the Event Viewer? I might be possible the Cisco WLC is not defined as a NAS in ClearPass. If that is the case you would see Authentication Warnings in the Event Viewer with desciption "Ignoring request from unknown client <IP>"

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

Posted Apr 06, 2014 11:12 PM

do you have a radius server (ClearPass) configured under the WLC profile?

scott

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Self Registration WLC Issue

Posted Apr 08, 2014 11:00 AM

Hi Arjan and Scott, I have configured the WLC as NAS in the CLearPass. I think something is wrong in the Policy Manager because I'm not seeing any log in the ClearPass-

Thanks,

Katherine V.