Security

Contributor I

Re: Clearpass Guest - Self registration & self sponsorship (email address validation) - August-M

As requested... I have saved it in pdf format.

I recognise that there may be issues as stated in the document, but overall it still works.  Its just a matter of resolving the preauth timeout so users dont have unlimited access before sponsoring themselves.

Thanks...M

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Clearpass Guest - Self registration & self sponsorship (email address validation) - August-M

Hi all,

i'm trying to do this LAB with a CPPM vers 6.4 : but it doesn't works..

During the configuration, i've fount that i can not set into the "role override" of Sponsorship Confirmation, the value "demo-Sponsored": the only value that i can choose are [Guest], [Employee], [Contractor] and (prompt).

What can i do? Have you got some suggestions to troubleshoot and solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Nicola

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Guest - Self registration

Did you define your guest roles in the [Guest Roles] role map?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

I have since upgrade my lab to 6.4 and see the same issue.

As Tim said, just define those roles into [Guest Roles] and they will then be available.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294

Thank you mr. Cappalli and mr. Clarke, you are right!
Now, i go ahead with troubleshooting: now i'm investigating why as soon as i click "click here"'s link, even  if i have presented the receipt, i have no changes both in controllers and in ClearPass: user keep the same role demo-preauth. I've no MAC auth after captive portal auth..
thank you guys for the support.

Nicola

New Contributor

llo

Under this section

Update demo Guest MAC Authentication Service

I cannot see Last Seen in my view... Running cppm 6.5.0.175 a total clean install. Is there a possible to get the select query from this part listed from anyone of you guys who have it? :) Awesome guide btw. Saves lots and lots of time

Hello there

Nice document to start ;)

We are no running CP 6.5 and noticing the following where the Attributes are no longer present for the for the following 2 profiles only. Any thougts or knowledge on this?

“Session Restriction Enformcement” profiles

- Update Endpoint Unknown

- demo Addtional Device Sponsored Guest MAC Caching.

Thanks

Ken

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

Hi,

As I mentioned, the solution may have some flaws.  Thank you for spotting this.

I couldn't open the attachment.  can you reattach please.

New Contributor

Hi all

Is this still considered the best method for doing this or do we have any alternative method? I want to do this but also allow the option to validate with their facebook/twitter/linkedin account.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Where in the document is the part where you add the "demo MAC-Guest-Check" Authorization source? Page 21 says that we need to make an edit to it, but it was never created in the first place. Knowing the parameters for creating this Authorization source would be helpful in finishing this method.

Also, why is the "demo Sponsored Guest Do Expire" Session Restrictions Enforcement profile defined as "Delete and logout (4)" on page 12, but then on page 15 it tells us to create the same Enforcement profile with the same name, but change the parameters to "Disable and logout (2)". Which is it? A little clarification on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Contributor II

Hi all

I've set all this up for a customer but I'm finding that we are using up endpoint licenses quickly, probably due to the allow all on the MAC auth. Any ideas how I can mitigate this?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: