Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest Validation

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 06:26 AM

Hi,

does anyone know if it's possible to validate guest user accounts in Clearpass before they are allowed onto the wifi network? I know about sponsored users etc but is there any other method available?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 06:40 AM

Hi

I'm not sure i understood your question :smileyhappy: You would like to validte the user account / or device account?

Clearpass guest module  - enable the guest to self register is device / and is own account - after it being done - the clearpass guest module create a user record for that guest {or device - depands your auth process}.

and when the guest is logged in - clearpass captive / guest login page validate this account.

Me.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 06:50 AM

Hi,

whaty i mean is when someone registers they have to wait for the password and can only log in once they receive the password via SMS or email. At the moment they are able to access straight away.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 07:00 AM

just edit the receipt page..the form itself (the page after the self registerion page) - and hidden the user password / dont do auto submit + add a note that they will send via e-mail or sms...

Untitled.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 09:08 AM

Thanks that's great, the only problem I have now is that when I click on login it takes me back to the registration page rather than a login page? Is this right?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 09:38 AM

what is the captive protal link you inserted in your l3 profile in the aruba controller? is it the reg page or is the login-page?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 09:44 AM

It's the reg page

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2013 09:48 AM
    Usually that is from the controller not being selected as the auth server in your aaa profile for Mac auth

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2013 09:51 AM

So that why you go back to the reg page - after creating a user,Just change it to the login page. (on the controller)

and edit your login page - to make the "new user? - register here" more bold.

• 10.  RE: Clearpass Guest Validation

Posted Jul 19, 2013 10:05 AM

Thanks, I understand what you're saying. I'll certainly give it a try. Many thanks for your help. :smileyhappy: