Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

Posted Sep 18, 2013 05:26 AM

I have recently deployed a Clearpass Guest and Onboard solution for a customer and they have encountered the standard Apple CNA issues with the iOS 6 devices they are using. I know this topic has been done to death but I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer for whilst searching the community.

If you implement the workarounds for resolving the CNA issues (either by adding .apple.com as a whitelist or using the landing.php old Amigopod workaround) is this meant to disable the automatic launch of the webpage by the Apple devices?

The customer wants the devices to automatically open a browser window to launch the captive portal and prompt for authentication but this breaks the onboarding process which is linked from the Guest captive portal. As soon as you try and install the profile the Apple device drops the wireless connection. This has been seen on both an iPhone and iPad.

Does anybody have any ideas about getting around this issue?

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2013 05:44 AM
    Unfortunately because of limitations in apples IOS the only way to do it as of today is to bypass the CNA.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2013 07:39 AM

We are working on a long term solution.  We will keep you updated.

For Guest, the /landing.php method will also be integrated into AOS 6.3 and Instant 3.4 coming very soon to handle differences with iOS7.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

Posted Sep 18, 2013 10:58 AM

Thanks Guys. Unfortunately I am going to have to provide bad news to the customer.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

Posted Sep 04, 2016 04:22 AM

hi,

I am facing the same issue, i have configured captive portals for BYOD but iphones are having problem with captive portal pages, when i connect to SSID it take long time to get ip from DHCP once it get the IP the captive portal page pops up and with in second it disappear and phone get disconnected from the network . i did many changes but so far no solution . if any one knows the exact solution please advise . i am going through lots of community forums of Aruba but every one has different story and i have no idea what to do .

Regards.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest and Apple CNA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2016 07:42 AM

Your issue has a number of problems, each with a different possible solution:

- Takes long to get DHCP

- Page takes long to come up

- Captive Portal disappears and phone gets disconnected from the network.

Here is what I suggest:

- Do a constant ping to the devices when all of this is happening and see if you are dropping any pings when your problems occur.  That way you can see if it is a connectivity issue FIRST, as opposed to several other things that could be the problem.