Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

Posted Sep 27, 2016 09:37 AM

I'm trying to create a custom "Create Multiple Guest Accounts" form that limits/validates the number of guest accounts the various operator profiles can create.  I've created multiple "num_account" fields that properly limit and validate the arguments, but the create function is expecting the variable/field "num_accounts" and I've had to rename each of my fields with a unique name.  How can I take the custom number of accounts integer from my field and assign it to the num_account field to actually create the accounts?

For example, one field is num_accounts_5 that limits only up to 5 accounts can be made.  The form validates the imput correctly, but when you go to create the accounts, you get an error:

The num_accounts field must be provided to create multiple guest accounts.

thanks

mike

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:39 AM

Why not just use the "Account Limit" field within the Operator Profile to limit the number of accounts each operator can make?

9-27-2016 11-38-06 AM.png

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest custom operator form/field

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:42 AM

That works and was my initial plan, but without validation someone can make 1000 accounts, of which only 5 actually get made and they won't know until after they make them.

The num_accounts field has nice validation and limits in it, it would seem a waste to not use them to alert the operators from the start what they can and can't do.

thanks

mike