Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

Posted Dec 18, 2014 07:35 AM

I'm in a situation where I need to make the Default Guest session to be one and also modify it to be many session if needed so I configured as belwo:

on Controller L3 profileI allowed only one active session and now on clearpass guest when I choose for specific guest to have 3 sessions as needed only 1 session is allowed.

how to solve this?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:05 AM

You should only enforce sessions on the controller OR clearpass, NOT both.

On the controller, you can only enforce a single session when doing web authentication.  Clearpass is more flexibile and should be used if you need multiple sessions enforced.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:18 AM

Thats what I tried I didn't check one session box in controller and on clearpass I choosed 1 session on specific guest but I was able to log with 2 sessions

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:24 AM

You need Radius Account Enabled on your Aruba Controller that points to your Clearpass appliance.  You also need to enable interim radius accounting.

On the ClearPass side, you should look at the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-limit-simultaneous-active-sessions-from-a-given-user/ta-p/186556

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:39 AM

Thanks Man really add value to me :)

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:44 AM

Now I read the articel so I should add this to authentication source with Guest repository ?

also,If I need to change for specific account or have 2 sessions and the default ro be one session how to achive this?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest inquiry..regarding Sessions limitations and control?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 08:24 AM

You need Radius Account Enabled on your Aruba Controller that points to your Clearpass appliance.  You also need to enable interim radius accounting.

On the ClearPass side, you should look at the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-limit-simultaneous-active-sessions-from-a-given-user/ta-p/186556