Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest question

Posted May 09, 2014 12:43 PM

Hello

We got this custumer with  some crazy requirments for their captive portal with clearpass...

She wants the fallowing:

1-No staff intervention for registration(we can do that with selft register no issue)

2-The Wifi will just work for 1 hour(i can put the 1 hour expiration but then he can just re register again) here is where i encounter the first  issue

3-If the client order  something else to eat(somehow  you can re enable his access to the wifi) i dont think you can do that without  their staff intervention)

Any idea  how can i do most of those things?

If somehow i can put that they can use the internet for 1 hour and they can no longer use it in the day  that could work... unless the client come back  again to drink another coffee could happen...

If you guys had a client whit this requirments... what would you advice them??

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2014 12:55 PM
    Is the register able to print a voucher type code on the receipt?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

Posted May 09, 2014 01:09 PM

I guess the register is able to print

like if you print a recept(if thats what you mean)

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2014 01:11 PM
    You could create a batch of codes that can be printed on the receipt that the user enters to get extended access.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

Posted May 09, 2014 02:51 PM
    Yes i could Tim
    ill ask the cliebt if that works for them...

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

Posted May 09, 2014 03:05 PM
    The thing with this tim is that the client would need somehow to prevent the end user to self register again for that day...
    is that possible?
    if so how?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

Posted May 09, 2014 07:53 PM
    So Tim is off to a good start. So your biggest hurldle here is how are going to determine that the customer bought something? And the easiest way is to print a password on receipts or enter email address into database on POS system. (Could also use those email address to sent clients special offers)

This is something that would be good one we can authenticate with Facebook. I.e. Your a fan of my company Facebook page you get longer wifi access.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Guest question

Posted May 09, 2014 08:04 PM
    I beard that the instant will bring that featjre....

anyways back to the topic, for yir siggestion that would mean i would need to integrate the pos system with the clearpass, something i dont know if we can do...
    have you done that before sdr53???