Security

Aruba

Re: Clearpass Guest with Dissolvavle agent

Its mainly because it is a one time run for non returning users, but there is still the option to run it in 3 different modes.

1. Old Java Pre 6.4

2. New agent

3. User has the choice to run either the old java or new agent.

One way you can look at it is that its a browser plugin that only runs when they connect to that page to get a scan done. Otherwise the agent will not do anthing on the PC. 

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

So its like a plugging? i mean the native agent and also the java one as well right?

i did try to see more info about it on a url on the ppt but it seems its something just internal for you guys :(  thats  a great PPT thanks for sharing!

Now this bring me another question

What would happen if i got mac caching on for a week.   Will this prompt to scan everytime he reconnect to the school network? or it will not propmt to scan his computer to see if he has or not an antivirus?

I mean the mac catching will prevent this scan to happen? 

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

Correct on the Mac Cacheing. That is one of the issues with the NON-pesistant agent. :) It will not scan on its own and they will need to be forced to the login page every so often to trigger the scan. 

There is always a little give and take. 

If you dont want to force the user to the login page to be scaned then the user need to use the persistant agent, but if they dont want an admin rights program to be installed then you would set the cache setting to 24 hours so they would get scaned once a day. 

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

Thank  Troy!!!! for your patience in asnwering me every question!

Thanks everyone!

Let see i can put it in words that he does not dislike the idea of having the disolvable agent installed on students computer, but well i need to find the correct words to explain it :) 

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Highlighted
Contributor I

Hey Troy!

Question for you; when you said:

"The new agent does not require admin rights since it is olny scaning the device. It does not shut down restricted services, update antivirus, etc like the Persistent agent does."

Does this apply to the Native Dissolvable Agent App that is in 6.5 as well?  Also, what is the expected behavior when running this file? 

--
Jeremy R. Wirtz
WLAN Systems Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: