Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Insight not reachable

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Feb 27, 2018 05:33 AM

Hi community,

yesterday I successfully updated two 25k HW appliances from 6.6.9 to 6.7.1 without any issues.

But today my customer and I were testing several features and facing that Insight isn't reachablke anymore. We are getting the follwing failure:

502 Proxy Error

The Proxy server could not handle the request GET /insight/login

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Is there someone facing the same problem after upgrading to 6.7.x?

Do someone now how the Insight Service is handled internally? How can I restart the insight service?

Reconfigure the Insight settings in the server configuration doesn't have any impact, or solve the problem.

thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Feb 27, 2018 12:21 PM

Please check your DNS configuration..  Are you using external name servers or ones that cannot resolve your CPPM hostname?.   CPPM needs to be able to resolve itself for this to work.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Feb 28, 2018 03:31 AM

I just check the DNS config and if the system is able to resolve it's hostname.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 03:36 AM
    There is a know bug. bug (43676) I would check with TAC and see if you are running into it.

Quick fix for one customer.

Customer changed primary DNS from Google public to internal as recommended workaround and issue is resolved. Customer confirmed they are able to access Insight successfully.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Apr 16, 2018 08:50 AM

Did you find a solution?

DNS is definitely not the problem!

Regards,

Uli

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted May 07, 2018 08:40 AM

Same here 6.7.3.

Fresh install.

Dns is not the issue

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Aug 02, 2018 10:59 AM

I've also ran into this. My DNS seems to be ok.

Is there any solution for this?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Aug 02, 2018 12:09 PM

I saw someplace else that updating to 6.7.5 solves the issue. I tried and indeed it was solved.

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

MVP
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 12:59 PM

6.7.4 is the recommended upgrade to fix this bug. 6.7.5 is available though, and obviously upgrading to it would also fix the bug.

• 10.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:03 AM

I understand this thread is a almost 8 months old so not sure if I'll get a response.... I recently upgraded to 6.7.5 and I am running into this problem - I checked and my DNS is fine, set to internall primary and secondary DNS servers.

Did I miss something?

• 11.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

MVP
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:44 AM

Can you describe the scenario?

Are you logging into Policy Manager and navigating to Insight from there or trying to log into Insight directly? Did you configure the Insight service in Policy Manager? Are you getting to the login page or is it showing a page error or just not loading?

• 12.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:48 AM

• 13.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Oct 01, 2018 02:26 PM

Yes, Insight is enabled on 6 of 8 nodes in my cluster.  When navigating to the server, if I click on the Clearpass Insight button I get redirected to a 502 Proxy Error page (see below).  This was working prior to my upgrade from 6.6.3 to 6.7.5.

Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /insight.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

• 14.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

MVP
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 04:37 PM

That error is the same one that was supposed to be addressed in the 6.7.4 patch. Sounds like there may still be some bugs sticking around. I'm not sure if you've done this already, but I would open a case with support and keep an eye out for the next available version of CPPM to see if it's listed as a fixed bug.

• 15.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Oct 02, 2018 03:14 AM

I would also suggest, if possible, that you perform the installation of 6.7.0 and then upgrade to 6.7.5. Maybe that's a flow that's more guaranteed to work.

• 16.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Oct 02, 2018 07:57 AM

Yes, I was working with Support and they had me upgrade the cluser to 6.7.0 then a cummulative patch to 6.7.5

• 17.  RE: Clearpass Insight not reachable

Posted Oct 02, 2018 07:58 AM

Thanks, Thats what I figured from the information in the thread.  I've been working with Support on a number of CPU problems that arose since the upgrade - I'll address this with them as well.

Thanks all!