Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

Posted Sep 23, 2015 04:32 AM

hi all,

My customer currently has a Ruckus wifi Infra and like to add Clearpass for below purpose. Anyone done it before ? Possible? Problems? My concern is the integration and will it work seamlessly. Great is someone has implemented or tested before.

1. Customer want to use clearpass to authenticate/certify staff’s mobile devices before they can use the wifi network.

Clearpass require Wireless infra to have 802.1x and redirection features?

Thanks folks.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2015 07:45 AM
    Yes, Ruckus use standards based authentication and should work fine. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

Posted Dec 30, 2016 12:03 PM

Hello Tim. I am having trouble getting Aruba ClearPass to work with a Ruckus wireless infrastructure. The customer is a hotel that uses indoor Aruba APs for rooms and external APs from Ruckus on the social areas. 

We have no problem with Aruba controller using a captive portal through CP guess feature. 

Can you help us with this situation?

Regards,

hbaez73

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

Posted Dec 30, 2016 12:26 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Tim, this is the error we got when using Ruckus with clearpass, we are configuring custom vendor or Ruckus Wireless vendor and nothing look be better.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 02:07 PM

I have not seen that error before. Please open a TAC case.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

Posted Jul 07, 2017 08:21 AM
    Did you solved this error? I've got the same...

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

Posted Aug 22, 2017 02:59 AM

Hello guys,

to give you an update concerning the EjsErrors:

So apparently last year Ruckus changed some settings for their captive portal and they passed it on to  Aruba. Aruba did their changes on the clearpass, but as what they (Aruba) told me, they had to change it for all the Ruckus implementations.

Only Ruckus did this change for SmartZone and not for the ZoneDirector implementations, so ZoneDirector is working with the old captive portal implementation.

To solve this, go to your login form, in stead of chosing the Vendor Settings: Ruckus Wireless, choose the custom settings.

Your Submit URL has to be:  https://sip:9998/login

Username field: username

Password field: password

For the other settings you can use the default settings.

(For the Smartzone you can use de built in default Ruckus Wireless, and it will send his username and password to  https://sip:9998/SubscriberPortal/hotspotlogin)

(In this case we used ZoneDirector version 9.13.3.0 build 41 and Clearpass 6.6.7)

kind regards,

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Integration with Ruckus

Posted Jun 21, 2021 09:43 AM
    Reviving old thread.

I am working on Clearpass integration for a customer that has Ruckus Cloud (Now Commscope). 8021x works, no problem. I am trying to get Guest Captive Portal working. For testing I am using a simple Web Login page. 

The "https://sip:9998/login" does not seem to work as the thread suggests. - When the user clicks the Login button, they do get redirected to that URL but the Ruckus does not appear to intercept it. Instead Windows says it can't reach the page. 

Anyone know if this configuration is still valid in 2021? 

I cannot find what version of code is running on the AP. It is managed via Ruckus Cloud.

------------------------------
    Philip Wightman, ACEX (AMFX) #69. Aruba Partner Ambassador
    ------------------------------