Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

This thread has been viewed 129 times
  • 1.  Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted May 14, 2018 07:59 AM

Is it just me getting:

1.JPGStarted this weekend, using HPE passport 

• 2.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2018 08:00 AM
    We're aware of issue.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted May 14, 2018 09:55 AM

Seeing the same as well.  Any idea about when this will be corrected?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted May 14, 2018 12:59 PM

I openned the TAC Case yesterday and they are aware... 

• 5.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2018 04:38 PM
    This should now be resolved.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted May 14, 2018 04:40 PM

its working now. Thank you Tim.. 

• 7.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Feb 14, 2019 03:27 PM

Hi, Tim - I just started to see this issue today and opened a case before checking here in the forum. Do I need to now enter my HPE Passport login credentials in the ClearPass Software Updates page username and password fields?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 03:30 PM
    You should create a dedicated account to use with ClearPass. Easiest way is to create an email distribution list and then register for an MNP account with that.

• 9.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Feb 14, 2019 03:37 PM

Sorry, Tim, I'm afraid I'm not understanding this correctly. I've always used my domain credentials in ClearPass without any issue and had a separate login for HPE Passport. I'm not sure why the Software Updates page now says 'HPE Passport Credentials' above the usename and password fields, but it appears that this is what is being asked for. When I went to the HPE support site, I did get prompted to create a new password, which I did. So I'm just not sure what you mean by creating a dedicated account to use with ClearPass - I thought I had that - I'm also unfamiliar with the acronym 'MNP'. Sorry for being slow on the uptake!!

• 10.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2019 09:09 AM

MNP stands for my network portal,Create a account and map all your license to that account in MNP.

communitry.PNG

• 11.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:02 AM

@cappalli wrote:
    We're aware of issue.

This appears to be happening again on all of my servers :(

HPE needs a service status page we can check for "vaporized" cloud services ;)

• 12.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:05 AM

Today I'm seeing this one:

"Unknow Error - ('The read operation timed out',)
    Check details entered, Network Connectivity, http_proxy credentials.
    Click on 'Check Status Now' after correcting the configuration."

• 13.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:07 AM

jkoelker@orcsd.org wrote:

"Unknow Error - ('The read operation timed out',)

Don't you love it? Perhaps English is not the main language used by the developers or by QA. 

• 14.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:09 AM

Typos I can forgive - I just wish I didn't get some sort of communication error every few weeks.....

• 15.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:48 AM

This has been unfortunatley becoming a regular occurance. I opened up a TAC ticket and even they had no idea about this outage. 

I wish aruba was more informative to us and their team when these services are down

• 16.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:50 AM

I also opened a case with TAC. I'll see what they have to say. Hadn't actually considered the possibility that it might be at their end....

• 17.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:52 AM

jkoelker@orcsd.org wrote:

Hadn't actually considered the possibility that it might be at their end....

I knew it was at their end. I am using 2 different accounts. I now have 10 servers (5 prod & 5 dev) emailing me system errors complaining :(

• 18.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 08:53 AM

They had the same issue this past weekend

• 19.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 09:05 AM

We are also experiencing the same issue.

Going directly to https://clearpass.arubanetworks.com/ eventually results in a "504 Gateway Time-Out" error.clearpass error.JPG

• 20.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 09:26 AM

For thise on the new ASP portal system, please vote for my "idea" for a status page for services. 

Customers need an online resource to check the status of HPE Internet Services. For instance, currently the ClearPass Update service is down but some customers think it is a configuration error.

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/MISC-I-630

• 21.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 09:26 AM

For those on the new ASP portal system, please vote for my "idea" for a status page for services. 

Customers need an online resource to check the status of HPE Internet Services. For instance, currently the ClearPass Update service is down but some customers think it is a configuration error.

• 22.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:15 AM

Second time for me now too, happened a week or so ago.  You are left in the dark wondering if your CLP server has a problem, someone messed with the firewall or it is actually the update server.

Similarly with the update issue last year.  It would be nice to see an announcement somewhere, so I don't spend some time working it out. :)

• 23.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:18 AM

@mnicholls wrote:

It would be nice to see an announcement somewhere, so I don't spend some time working it out. :)

Please vote for my status page idea I posted above in this thread. :D

• 24.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:20 PM

Looks like the issue has been corrected. No more error message on our CPPM server and it appears able to query for software updates and download them normally.

• 25.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:26 PM

Agreed!

Vote on my idea to give us more tools to verify stuff like this ;)

• 26.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:38 PM

I will do so once I get the new support portal figured out. I onboarded our information to it today, and I have some access, but there are certain things that I try to use (case managment, for example) that give me a failed authentication message. Once I get this sorted out, I'll go on the Innovation Zone and give you a vote!

• 27.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:38 PM

TAC got back to me as well, let me know the issue has been cleared.

I beleive Bosbornes idea is good not just for us customers, but for TAC as well. TAC is also out of the loop on outages and could not quickly verify if they had systems down, their immediate response was to look at my proxy configuration instead (nonexistant).

• 28.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:40 PM

@DaveSpencer wrote:

I beleive Bosbornes idea is good not just for us customers, but for TAC as well. TAC is also out of the loop on outages and could not quickly verify if they had systems down, their immediate response was to look at my proxy configuration instead (nonexistant).

What does not show was a second field (advantages? rROI) where I stated staff could use it to be notified if a service is down, again referring to this instance. ;)

• 29.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:45 PM

@bosborne

mentioning ROI, that will get the stakeholders mouths watering!

• 30.  RE: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

MVP
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:16 AM

I just talked with a TAC escalation engineer in India. He sees the 504 gateway timeout and is going to speak with the site admin who is also in India.