Security

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted

Re: Clearpass - Invalid credentials update

For those on the new ASP portal system, please vote for my "idea" for a status page for services. 

Customers need an online resource to check the status of HPE Internet Services. For instance, currently the ClearPass Update service is down but some customers think it is a configuration error.

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/MISC-I-630

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Second time for me now too, happened a week or so ago.  You are left in the dark wondering if your CLP server has a problem, someone messed with the firewall or it is actually the update server.

Similarly with the update issue last year.  It would be nice to see an announcement somewhere, so I don't spend some time working it out. :)

Highlighted

I just talked with a TAC escalation engineer in India. He sees the 504 gateway timeout and is going to speak with the site admin who is also in India.

ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

Highlighted

@mnicholls wrote:

It would be nice to see an announcement somewhere, so I don't spend some time working it out. :)

Please vote for my status page idea I posted above in this thread. :D

ACCP, ACMP

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Looks like the issue has been corrected. No more error message on our CPPM server and it appears able to query for software updates and download them normally.

Highlighted

Agreed!

Vote on my idea to give us more tools to verify stuff like this ;)

ACCP, ACMP

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

I will do so once I get the new support portal figured out. I onboarded our information to it today, and I have some access, but there are certain things that I try to use (case managment, for example) that give me a failed authentication message. Once I get this sorted out, I'll go on the Innovation Zone and give you a vote!

Highlighted
Contributor I

TAC got back to me as well, let me know the issue has been cleared.

I beleive Bosbornes idea is good not just for us customers, but for TAC as well. TAC is also out of the loop on outages and could not quickly verify if they had systems down, their immediate response was to look at my proxy configuration instead (nonexistant).

Highlighted

@DaveSpencer wrote:

I beleive Bosbornes idea is good not just for us customers, but for TAC as well. TAC is also out of the loop on outages and could not quickly verify if they had systems down, their immediate response was to look at my proxy configuration instead (nonexistant).

What does not show was a second field (advantages? rROI) where I stated staff could use it to be notified if a service is down, again referring to this instance. ;)

ACCP, ACMP

Highlighted
Contributor I

@bosborne

mentioning ROI, that will get the stakeholders mouths watering!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: