Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted Mar 04, 2016 01:18 PM

Hello,

I have 2 clearpass servers 6.5.5 and ms windows 2012 domain controllers. Everything was working fine until i joined a second domain controller into the network and now none of my users can authenticate. I've removed both clearpass servers from the domain and rejoined them (multiple times), multiple reboots as both members and nonmembers of the domain, time is sync'd on all parties, cli command "ad testjoin" comes back ok on both clearpass servers but every time a user tries to authenticate to AD i get the error message "nt_status_access_denied: (0xc0000022)" . I can browse the base dn in my authentication source on both servers on both primary and backup DC auth sources. Googling my error message comes back with samba share junk. I have no idea what broke or how to fix it. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted Mar 05, 2016 08:12 AM

Just a thing

Check if you still have the valid peap certificate on the secondary Domain controller.

Also do u have a wlc from where u can do aaa test user and u can get the even viewer logs to check it out in case it is a certificate issue.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted Mar 06, 2016 03:53 PM

I've ran a aaa test user from a controller and get the same error on clearpass. I've also removed all reference to the second dc from clearpass and only used the original dc, same results.

Also during troubleshooting I stood up a brand new clearpass vm, left it as its own publisher, joined it into the domain and immediately got the same authentication failure results, so I'm confident that this is a MS issue.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2016 03:58 PM

It is possible that the user you are testing with only has rights to login from a limited set of computers?  This has nothing to do with the PEAP certificate on the ClearPass server, by the way...

• 5.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted Mar 08, 2016 04:50 PM

Colin,

I'm using my domain admin account for auth testing, and the clearpass bind account is a service account that was created specfically for cleearpass, also has domain admin privilages. There are no restrictions on "logon to" options inside the user accounts in AD. Anyone a airheads want to sit down and show me where I'm screwed up?? =D

• 6.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted May 27, 2016 12:51 PM

Was wondering if you ever figured this out.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted Jul 21, 2016 04:49 PM

I'm having this exact same issue.  I upgraded to 6.6.1 and joined 2 subscribers to my publisher and now I can not do MS-CHAPv2.  Regular RADIUS and TACACS+ work fine, but any MS-CHAPv2 based service is hosed.  Did you ever find a solution?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass: Joined a new MS AD DC and now getting error "nt_status_access_denied 0xc0000022"

Posted Jan 24, 2017 09:26 AM

I am having a similar issue on CPPM 6.6.1.84176 I am getting the error below when trying to log on to our domain directly from CPPM. The AD connection seems to be OK though, since I am able to read/list the AD objects through the GUI. 

[appadmin@cppm]# ad auth -u USER -n DOMAIN
    password:
    ERROR - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED: Access denied (0xc0000022)
    [appadmin@cppm]#