Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 10:04 AM

Dear Team,

Task Required to be Done =  802.1x Authentication and assigning the correct VLAN after posture onguard dissolvable agent.

My case is whenever the user will join to the "802.1 X" SSID it should be redirected to the Clearpass portal page. User will open the browser and redirected to the portal page. On the portal page the health check of the client will be done using dissolvable agent.

I have created three services on the CP as follow.

1- 802.1x Service for Auth (Authentication is working fine)

2- Web-Health (to get the posture health of the client and returen the healthy / unhealthy status)

3- Web-Auth (after the health check, the user should again authinicate with its respective correct VLAN according to the health status.)

My problem is: when user download the java and give the correct health check as per configured policy it will again redirect to the portal page rather than to redirect to the internet. I have seen all the logs in Access Tracker and each and every out were seems to be Ok.

From Controller side i am using layer2 authentication and also in layer three i enable the authentication and put the portal page to redirect the client.

Can anyone help, i am stuck in the looping of redirection page even my posture is correct and return vlan is also correct?

Regards,

Ali

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 10:19 AM

What version of CPPM are you using ?

Can you share your web portal health check  config ?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 10:58 AM

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 11:21 AM

Can you please share the config on your Web Login Page ?

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 11:39 AM

I just follow the refernece link to configure the web login page, same to same.

https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/ClearPass_6.3_OnGuard_Dissolvable_Agent_Workflow_and_Con...

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 12:04 PM

Try using the Bounce User option under the Agent enforcement profile.

Do you added it the CPPM as RCF 3576 in your controller ?

2014-06-02 12_02_49-Switch General Configuration.png

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2014 12:15 PM

Can you turn up a user-debug and show the output after the user gets bounced?

Also, in Access Tracker in ClearPass, is the correct role being returned?

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 03, 2014 04:07 AM

Actually i am using cisco controller and return the data VLAN if the user is healthy otherwise user will be in quarantian vlan.

In access tracker i can see that once user join 802.1x it is in quartian vlan becasue CP didnt have the current health status.

Then user open a browser and redirect on the page where the health check start and after that user will get the actual correct vlan.

Then it again come to the same page rather then to go to the internet.

Why we need this RFC in controller, where i can put it in cisco?

• 9.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 03, 2014 06:21 AM
    In the initial phase when the device connects the posture is unknown so once you know the posture "unhealthy or healthly", then you need to CoA the device to go through the 802.1x service so it can the access based on the posture.

CoA needs to be enabled in the Network > Devices .

Make sure that you select Cisco as the vendor .

Here's a good doc:
    https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/32466/how-test-rfc3576-wlcpdf

• 10.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 03, 2014 06:23 AM
    In your health posture enforcement policy enforcement profile should have "Cisco Terminate" to execute this

• 11.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2014 10:38 AM

Do you have a CoA in your WebAuth for "HEALTHY(0)"?

• 12.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 02, 2014 10:56 AM

Dear,

Yes i tried with CoA in WebAuth for healthy and i can see clearly that user intiates the authientication again after the health check.

I just follow this document as a reference.

https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/ClearPass_6.3_OnGuard_Dissolvable_Agent_Workflow_and_Configuration

• 13.  RE: Clearpass Onguard dissolvable Agent Health Check Issue

Posted Jun 23, 2014 06:45 PM

Did your  dissolvable issue is reslove or not? I had similar issue which cause by enforcemement policy configuration and 2nd,  had to add, 2nd Web auth account in service in order fix dissolvable  issue.  Beacuse we allowed  machine and AD authentication and didn't wanted usersto enter their usename or password  twice.