Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass PM shell access?

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Mar 04, 2013 10:22 AM

Is seems the account/password for shell access to the CPPM is different than GUI.  Any ideas if this can be changed/reset via the GUI's SuperAdmin account (admin)?  Tried root and different combinations.

This is a VM and running into issues with phantom snapshots and need to update VM tools.

TIA.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

MVP
    Posted Mar 04, 2013 11:03 AM

have you tried user "appadmin" with the same password as your gui user "admin"?

Default should be appadmin / eTIPS123 so you may try that in case you didn't change it.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Mar 04, 2013 11:46 AM

You can change the appadmin password (for CLI) by changing the cluster password on the Server Configuration page of the WebUI.  The cluster password and the appadmin password are the same.  

• 4.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Mar 04, 2013 12:28 PM

You cant do anything about the VM tools with the appadmin login. When you login as appadmin, you are not given a "root shell". You are taken to the ClearPass Policy Manager CLI, which is restricted in its functionality. If you are having problems with phantom snapshots, I recommend opening a case with support.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Mar 04, 2013 03:53 PM

Thanks - so yeah, noticed not much I can do about it... I assume an updated version will have vmtools updated as well?  We cleared these phantom snapshots (could be caused by our backups) but will keep an eye on this closer now.

TIA.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Nov 22, 2013 07:39 AM

Hi, I've changed my appadmin password by using the link under server configuration and now neither the old or new passwords work!!

I've still got access to the Web Gui so can try changing it again, but so far it's failing. I'll try a less complex password in case there is a keyboard error from the VM console and the native machine.

Anyone had this error?

**UPDATE**

So I tried setting it back to the default password and all works. I can type the password in the console as the username to see what the console is typing, and it looks fine. The only special character I'm using is a #??

• 7.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Jan 13, 2014 03:03 AM

had this too - changed back to default password, all works (thank goodness after seeing the password recovery procedure)

you've saved me a whoel bunch of time - many thanks

• 8.  RE: Clearpass PM shell access?

Posted Jan 13, 2014 03:10 AM

I guess the password might be truncated or something.  I'll try setting this to 8 charcters, no specials alphanumeric case mixed and post up when I am done (maybe not 4 you but 4 someone else)

cheers