Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass - Returning guest user, trigger email or Welcome Back message on login page

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass - Returning guest user, trigger email or Welcome Back message on login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2014 11:29 AM

After a guest user registers in Clearpass, is it possible to trigger an email to them when they return at some point later?  For retail environments that could be current offers etc.

Is it possible to have the login page say something like "Welcome Back Firstname Lastname".

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass - Returning guest user, trigger email or Welcome Back message on login page

Posted Jul 08, 2014 06:36 AM

The only way I can think of doing this would be to use an Endpoint Context Server and Action configured on Clearpass.

Create a Generic HTTP Context server and Action which takes the relevant information from Clearpass and generates an email which can be sent to the user. This would take quite a bit of customisation and playing with web servers and SMTP but I can't see there is a way of doing this from within Clearpass.

Hopefully somebody can correct me and point you at a nice tickbox somewhere.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass - Returning guest user, trigger email or Welcome Back message on login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 01:44 AM

Agreed, the email thing is probably a bit complicated.  I like the idea of the "Welcome Back Name" message on the login page.  I've seen this on other guest solutions and is a nice touch.

The info is in there in the Endpoint database guest user repository, just not sure how to put a custom field in to display that.  I might try and work it out one day, but hopefully someone else has done it before and can post back.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass - Returning guest user, trigger email or Welcome Back message on login page
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 01:49 AM
    This is from an old Amigopod doc. I haven't tried it myself. Let us know if it helps.

User Detection on Landing Pages
    When mac is passed in the redirect URL, we have the ability to detect the user and present a customized message on the landing page.

Navigate to Administrator > Plugin Manager > Manage Plugins: MAC Authentication: Configuration and enable MAC Detect.

Edit the header of your redirect landing page (login or registration) and include the following:

<p>{if $guest_receipt.u.visitor_name}
    Welcome back to the show, {$guest_receipt.u.visitor_name|htmlspecialchars}!
    {else}
    Welcome to the show!
    {/if}</p>
    For debugging purposes, include the following to see all the fields available:

{dump var=$guest_receipt export=html}

• 5.  RE: Clearpass - Returning guest user, trigger email or Welcome Back message on login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 07:17 PM

Well it took a while, but got round to testing this cause the question came up again.  Your suggestion worked a treat Troy.  Thanks