Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:51 AM

Hello,

I have an environment with Windows 7, 10, vista and XP.

My service has a EAP TLS as authentication mode, but my XP systems is not connecting in that service.

I would like to know, if can I insert a MS-CHAP V2 in the service as authentication mode and force the xp systems to use this method in roles?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:53 AM
    Short answer: yes, you can support multiple EAP methods on the same SSID.

Question: Is the Windows XP client configured for EAP-TLS?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:20 AM
    • Edit your service and go to the Authentication tab.
    • Under the "Authentication Methods" section click the "-- Select to Add--" dropdown box
    • Add whatever other methods you need.

2016-10-26_11h17_29.png

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:39 AM

Hi my friend,

I don't want to user TLS for XP devices, I qant to configure for MSCHAP-V2 but if I put the EAP-MSCHAP-V2 in the authentication methods, other devices will can connect too.

I need a way that only XP can be connect by EAP-MSCHAP-V2.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:54 AM

Not necessarily, it depends on how you configure the your clients and how you configure your service.

If you configure your other devices to use EAP-TLS, then they will only use EAP-TLS and not EAP-MSCHAPv2.

If you want to be really strict though, you could figure out of a way of identifing what OS the device is using (probably through the Endpoints database) and then use a roll mapping and enforcement to block the device if it is not using the EAP method you want.

So for instance, if you have a Windows 10 device and it tries connecting using EAP-MSCHAPv2, then it will be denied. You would then need to identify why the device is using EAP-MSCHAPv2 vs EAP-TLS.

On a side note, the authentication methods defined in the service do not dictate what method your client uses, it only indicates what authenticaiton methods the service will process or handle.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Service with two autentication methods differents for two operating system.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 12:27 PM

Hi,

I think that is the way.

I will try to configure it and will report here.