Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass access license with Airwave and tacacs authetication on a switch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass access license with Airwave and tacacs authetication on a switch

Posted Jan 17, 2018 02:00 PM

Hello

I got an Airwave which is monitoring 1 switch(demo) so i configured so it can be configured and also so it can see the config to backup the running config on the swtich

On the airwave i put the credentials of tacacs so it can log in and do show run and then exit.

He is doing that but he does it like many mnay times a day.

The count on the access license today is 985 yeah just with one switch.

I thoughn that license is based on a concurrent session  what i mean is that he will consume the license for the time he is logged in, and when he hits exit the licnse will be back in the pool, but it seems is not back in the pool and he keeps couting for ever time he checks.

Is this normal????

Becuase if its normal i cannot put a tacacs username and password for this... i mean is just one switch and got already 1k license count...

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Clearpass access license with Airwave and tacacs authetication on a switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 02:26 PM

Stay tuned. We'll be changing/refining this in the next dot release.

For now, don't worry about it.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass access license with Airwave and tacacs authetication on a switch

Posted Jan 17, 2018 02:31 PM

ETA of that release?

Maybe i  need to implement this soon in a client and this worry me.

Cheers

CArlos

• 4.  RE: Clearpass access license with Airwave and tacacs authetication on a switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 03:44 AM

You can just ignore the license count for now, as Tim said it is known and will be fixed in the first next dot release. If you exceed your license because of this, you will just see warning messages, ClearPass will operate as normal. I would expect the 6.7.1 somewhere in the next few weeks, but if you contact your local Aruba SE/CSE, you might get a more precise answer.