Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass as TACACS+ and Radius server

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Clearpass as TACACS+ and Radius server

Posted Apr 12, 2016 11:15 PM

Hi,

I currently building new clearpass server and planning to use the TACACS+ and Radius services of Clearpass server. We already have existing Cisco ACS server which we would like to replace with Clearpass server. There are 2 roles currently played by existing Cisco ACS server.

1. TACACS+ - This is used to autenticate and autehorize the network device access. i.e. Access to switches, routers, riverbeds, wireless aps etc.

2. Radius - This is used to Authenticate my user to connect to my Corporate Wi-FI access. It is integrated with AD. Users will provide the AD credential to connect to my Corporate SSID via Wi-Fi

I was trying to configure the same in clearpass but getting confused with configuration and varous option available. Is there any documentation which I can refer to configure TACACS and RADIUS services on clearpass. First I just have started wtih Basic Authentication and Authorization and not looking to assigned any roles etc. based on credential provided.

Please let me know if you requrie any other information.

Best Regards,

Niren

• 2.  RE: Clearpass as TACACS+ and Radius server
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2016 11:19 PM
    Please use the ASE solution site:
    https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions

Or the support.arubanetworks.com > documentation > ClearPass > tech notes
    Sent from Outlook for iPhone