Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass deployment - vSphere

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clearpass deployment - vSphere

Posted Jan 25, 2017 06:16 AM

Hi,

Trying to deploy "CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.6.0.81015-ESX-CP-VA" on customer's remote site. When we moved files to a remote site OVF got corrupted, and deployment failed.

In desperation I have now created image file (ISO) and got it across to a remote VM but am not able to deploy it. It is coming back with message "OS cannot be found". Can someone tell me if this should work at all (as it is not mentioned in Deployment Guide), or is the OVF only route? Thanks.

NesaM

• 2.  RE: Clearpass deployment - vSphere

Posted Jan 25, 2017 07:08 AM

As a reference, error message I see when trying to deploy OVF (following instructions, and before ISO attempt) is:

"Failed to deploy OVF package: A general system error occurred during PreCreateCheckCallback: No connection colud be made because the target  machine is actively refused it".

Has anyone seen it before? Thanks.

NesaM

• 3.  RE: Clearpass deployment - vSphere

Posted Jan 25, 2017 07:24 AM

Not sure how to converted the ovf to ISO but I'm not surprised that isn't working.

In relation to the other error, are you able to deploy any other ovf templates to this VMware infrastructure?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass deployment - vSphere

Posted Jan 25, 2017 07:36 AM

Hi James,

Customer has several VMs running on that box that were built from OVF templates. Guess my next step would be to download bundle directly to remote VM. and remove file corruption from the equation (as we didn't have issues when installing first appliance on VM built to same specs, I guess corruption during transfer may be the problem). Thanks.

NesaM

NesaM

• 5.  RE: Clearpass deployment - vSphere

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 08:01 AM
    What version of VMware?

• 6.  RE: Clearpass deployment - vSphere

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi Tim,

it is 6.5. Meantime, VM guys got it working, after copying the whole bundle onto remote VM again. Thanks.

NesaM

• 7.  RE: Clearpass deployment - vSphere

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:02 AM
    OK. Please keep in mind that vSphere 6.5 is not currently supported.