Clearpass device registration (formerly MACTrac)
05-08-2019 05:18 AM
I am looking for documentation on "Clearpass device registration" . I am working with a University who have a requirement that students/staff can authenticate non 802.1x devices (game consoles, chrome casts etc..) onto eduroam. I understand we can set up a self service portal where students can register these devices themselves but struggling to find user guides on it. I have seen the below document referenced on Airheads but the link no longer works.
thanks in advance
Re: Clearpass device registration (formerly MACTrac)
07-02-2019 12:11 AM
That referenced document was outdated. The basic steps to set up (self) device registration are:
- Allow users to log in to the Guest portal with the Device Registration Operator Profile. See this video how to configure that.
- If needed change or create your own Device Registration Operator Profile. Some useful information here.
- Use the Guest Device Repository as MACAuth authentication source or authorization source of other authentication types.
- If you create an external captive portal redirect for unknown/unregistered devices, the MAC address will be automatically filled, which is useful for devices that have a browser as you can register those from the device itself.
- For other devices, your users can go to https://your.clear.pass/guest (replace your.clear.pass with the hostname of your ClearPass) and register headless devices and manage existing devices.
Does this provide enough guidance?
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).