Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass diagnostics

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Clearpass diagnostics

Posted Oct 30, 2013 09:53 PM

I have two VM Clearpass servers. Publisher and Subscriber. I am getting no responce from the Publisher https service. I can connect to the Subscriber ok. I can also SSH to both servers. Is there something I can do to check if the HTTPS service is running or to restart it from the SSH connection.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Clearpass diagnostics

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 09:55 PM
    In the CLI

service status all

• 3.  RE: Clearpass diagnostics

Posted Oct 30, 2013 10:28 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. The HTTPS service isn't mentioned in there. I can't access the server except for CLI in SSH connection. I can restart the server from here but would like to restart the WEB service if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

• 4.  RE: Clearpass diagnostics
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 30, 2013 10:42 PM

Are you using the mgmt port for authentication too ? That might be desrupting the communication between the two

You can try the following command :

service restart cpass-admin-server

• 5.  RE: Clearpass diagnostics

Posted Sep 16, 2015 08:36 AM

Hi all,

I am currently experiencing the same problem as described above with my publisher node.

Will restarting the admin service affect the server's working? My server is in production and I cannot afford any unplanned downtime.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass diagnostics

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2015 08:51 AM

No, it should only affect the UI and web server. Users authenticating via RADIUS should not be affected.

What version are you running? Please upgrade to 6.5.3 if you are not already there. 6.5 added more HTTP performance enhancements.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass diagnostics

Posted Sep 16, 2015 08:55 AM

Zach,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I am still on 6.3, but I will upgrade soon to 6.5.