Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass directory/disk encryption

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Clearpass directory/disk encryption

Posted Dec 19, 2017 01:29 PM

I'm trying to understand more about the local Clearpass server encryption and what is actually encrypted vs. what is not.  I found another thread here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/Does-Clearpass-provide-disk-or-file-encryption/td-p/248380

Where the final response was "So we don't use drive level encryption, we do encrypted the data within certian DB's columns and encrypt certain directories using AES-256 in CBC mode. "

So the only questions I have regarding the above statement are:

Are the directories holding database information, device information (shared secret for tacacs/radius), and other sensitive data encrypted?

and

Where are these directories on the actual server itself?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass directory/disk encryption

• 3.  RE: Clearpass directory/disk encryption

Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:00 PM

Hi Victor,

It looks like in that document it answers one of my questions:

"All sensitive data directories are protected using AES -128 encryption. "

But now I'm wondering what ClearPass considers a "sensitive data directory".  Would that be all databases, device configurations (shared secrets), etc?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass directory/disk encryption

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 04:40 AM

Patrick,

It seems to me that asking the question is answering it as a secret is something sensitive by definition. If you need a definitive answer, I would contact Aruba TAC and/or your local Aruba contact to get it verified/confirmed by Product Management.

Herman