Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass evaluation

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass evaluation

Posted Nov 12, 2012 08:46 AM

Greetings all. I attended the CPPM & Guest training last week. I downloaded Amigopod VM evaluation sometime ago to learn in my lab. I updated to the latest over the weekend, again the evaluation copy, and it couldn't be easier to get it operational running in VMWare Fusion.

The Clearpass evaluation is a good bit different. Coupled with my lack of VM knowledge it was troublesome to say the least. I finally got the CPPM running and accessible from my lab network. Here's the but...............when starting the administrative GUI for the first time I receive a prompt tro install a license. I've searched the Clearpass download site for such evaluation license with no luck.

Before I call TAC, I thought someone reading these threads has probably run into the same problem and may have the answer regarding CPPM eval. TIA

Otis

• 2.  RE: Clearpass evaluation
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2012 11:22 AM

The 6.0.1 eval VM image does not have a license on it; thus you need to request a license.     You can either request one through your local Aruba reseller or fill out the following form.  I don't know if there is an upated link; but this should make it ot the appropriate team:  https://demo.amigopod.com/partners/eval_request.php.

Also, the ClearPass Policy Manager 5.x licenses will not work with 6.x; you need to request an upgrade license or new eval license.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass evaluation

Posted Nov 12, 2012 12:25 PM

I'm running 5.2.X which I thought the evaluation VM image had a license and I'm not finding that to be the case.  Is the evaluation license request necessary for 5.X as well as 6.X? TIA.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass evaluation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2012 01:34 PM

Yes.  The temporary license is delivered to you in an email.

The difference is that an "evaluation" image normally has less disk requirements than the production image, but it still requires a license..

• 5.  RE: Clearpass evaluation

Posted Nov 12, 2012 01:40 PM

Great. Thank you for the clarification.