Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass fdb error

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Clearpass fdb error

Posted Oct 10, 2018 12:08 PM

Yesterday I converted my licenses since I had upgraded several months ago to version 6.7.  Due to the expired evaluation licenses, CP was not behaving correctly.  The license upgrade went fine.  However, ever since that time I am getting the following message every 15 minutes.  What do I need to do?

SourceMonitor
    LevelERROR
    CategoryFdb
    Action 
    TimestampOct 09, 2018 16:22:42 CDT
    Description
    DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:5

• 2.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 07:38 AM

I haven't seen such messages before and they need further investigation to find out if they are harmful. Can you please open a case with the Aruba TAC?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 06:25 PM

For what its worth (I think it's unrelated to your issue) the following message will appear in the ClearPass Event Log if the system is partially through an update (patch) from one version to another and requires a reboot for completion of the update.

DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:7Screenshot 2019-02-13 10.23.44.png

• 4.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

Posted Mar 18, 2019 08:50 PM

I'm experiencing the same behaviour from CPPM as well.

What is the meaning for the error and what needs to be done at CPPM to fix the error?

Fdb: DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:1

Fdb: DB write service(fdb) unstable backlog:2

• 5.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2019 08:56 PM

I recommend a call to Aruba Support. Any issue that effects writing the database that ClearPass cannot resolve itself is serious enough to warrant some conerned action.

Are there any other items in the event logs?

• 6.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

Posted Mar 18, 2019 10:27 PM

Which section in CPPM to look in detail for the logs or details of the issue?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 03:45 AM

It's unlikely that you will find more information about this issue as it indicates some low-level issue that even can be hardware or filesystem/database corruption related. Make sure that all hardware requirements are met and there is no other significant load in an Hypervisor (VM) environment. The only thing you can do is to create a 'Collect Logs' from ClearPass and check each and every log file to find references to this message. And if you found something, you probably will need Aruba TAC to correct.

As suggested before, please open a TAC case for this.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass fdb error

Posted Mar 19, 2019 04:01 AM

Thanks for the input fellow Airheads expert and gurus, will get in touch with Aruba TAC.

At the same time, my apology to @lylecamp for hijacking your thread