Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass guest SMS service integration

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Clearpass guest SMS service integration

Posted Sep 11, 2013 10:57 PM

Hi Guys,

We're using ArubAa clearpass to integrate BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) system in our network. I'm trying to integrate SMS gateway service when accessing a guest-SSID when connecting to wireless network. 

1. I'm about to create SMS Gateway and saw a dropdown list to choose a type of gateway. Which one shoudl I use?

2. Read from blogs, some're suggesting to use 'CUSTOM HTTP HANDLER', if in case I'm using what should be the Service URL, service username & password? I'm in Singapore and we've mobile carriers like Singtel, M1 and Starhub.

Could you please help???

• 2.  RE: Clearpass guest SMS service integration

Posted Sep 11, 2013 11:09 PM

Have you considered SMS over SMTP?   I am seeing that used more and more than SMS providers.   You'll need to add your particular service providers to the SMS Mobile Carriers list.      The proper settings for at least 2 of your 3 providers are listed on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways.  

• 3.  RE: Clearpass guest SMS service integration

Posted Sep 11, 2013 11:43 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I could go ahead with your suggestion by using 'SMS over SMTP'. Configured one of my mobile carriers 'M1' in clearpass.  Thanks for your URL..!

How to setup SMTP server settings in clearpass? Please find the attached image.

What should be the server name, user name & password? 

Apologies if it is a very basic question..!! :(

• 4.  RE: Clearpass guest SMS service integration
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2013 06:53 AM

You'd need to relay through an SMTP server.  Usually this is done with an internal mail server.   You can also route it through public mail servers by using the username and password (for example gmail).