Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass guest sponsored access

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass guest sponsored access

Posted Feb 03, 2014 05:19 AM

We have setup sponsored access for a client where the account info is email to a sponsor who clicks on a link in the email to validate (and activate) the account. Whats cool about this is that if the guest leaves the account creation webpage open it will be updated with a message (once the sponsor has verified them) that they are now able to browse the internet. A colleague has set this up so I've not seen it myself but I need to draw a workflow diagram with the sequence of events. Can anyone enlighten me on what exchanges take place between the sponsor link, the clearpass guest account and the controller to make the account active (RADIUS-Accept etc) and the user authenticated. I'm also interested in how the web page is updated - a HTTP-GET perhaps?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass guest sponsored access

Posted Feb 05, 2014 11:40 AM
      |   view attached

I can provide you a workflow diagram, that's very high level. Attached you will find a PDF.

I hope this helps.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Guest Workflow.pdf   421 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Clearpass guest sponsored access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 12:39 PM

Don't forget that most of the scenarios are layed out in the help section.

guestdiagram.png

guestdiagram2.png