Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Clearpass login page with custom fields

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass login page with custom fields

Posted Jul 09, 2013 08:48 AM

Hi,

I am working on a concept for remote access where the authentication source will be AD, however, I am looking at having an additional source of information (SQL server) where there will so-called work-permits stored, with status approved or not.

I was wondering if anyone has a tip on how i would go about having a splash page where the user would have to authenticate with AD password, + the option to enter a work permit number that would be matched towards a database. If the work permit it either not approved, or has a time frame set that doesnt match the time the user is trying to logon, the authentication should not go through.

scenario:

User A logs onto a terminal server in a DMZ. From there he will start a new RDP session, web session og similar to host on the inside of a production firewall. Once he tries to access this host, there should be a proxy diversion to a splash page where he must authenticate again, + enter his work permit#. Clearpass should then check realtime in the SQL database if that workpermit is ready or not (by status or time frame).

Hope this makes sense, appreciate any feedback!